1. After dinner, we had ice-cream for dessert. 吃過晚飯之后,我們吃冰淇淋作為甜點。
dessert情景對話
點菜
A:May I take your order now? 你們可以點菜了嗎?
B:Yes, I think we’re ready to order. Elizabeth, what would you like to have? 行,我想我們可以點菜了。伊麗莎白,你想來點什么?
C:I haven’t made up my mind yet. You order first, Donald. 我還沒決定呢。唐納德,你先點吧。
B:All right. I’ll start with chicken soup. Then I want a steak, medium rare. I’ll have a baked potato, green beans and an egg salad. I’ll order dessert later. 好的。我先來個雞湯,然后要一份牛排,嫩一點。要一份烤土豆片,青豆和一份雞蛋色拉。待會兒我再要點甜食。
dessert
A:Yes, sir. And you, miss? What would you like to have? 好的,先生。你呢,小姐?你想吃點什么?
C:I can’t decide. I don’t see anything I really like. 我拿不定主意。我沒看到什么我真喜歡的菜。
A:There are over thirty dishes to select from, miss. 小姐,這兒有三十多種菜供您選擇呢。
B:There ought to be something you like, Elizabeth. 伊麗莎白,這兒一定有你喜歡的。
C:Well, I guess so. But I only see food that I don’t like. I don’t care for chicken and I can’t stand fish. Do you have any oysters? 大概有吧??晌铱吹降谋M是些我不喜歡的菜。我不喜歡吃雞肉,魚也不合我的口味。有牡蠣嗎?
A:No, miss. I’m afraid not. How about some other seafood? 沒有,小姐。恐怕沒有。別的海鮮怎么樣?
C:Oysters are the only seafood I like. I dislike the rest. 海鮮中我只喜歡牡蠣,其它的都不喜歡。
B:I wish I could think of something for you. 真希望我能為你想出什么菜來。
A:May I suggest cream of tomato soup, steak with mushroom gravy, asparagus, and buttered cauliflower. For dessert—strawberry pie with ice cream? 我給您推薦幾個菜吧:奶油西紅柿湯,蘑菇汁牛排,蘆筍,黃油黃牙菜。至于甜食,冰激凌草莓餡餅您看怎么樣?
C:No, that isn’t my ideal of a good meal. I’ll have a hamburger. That’s my favorite dish. I have it every day. 不行。那不是我理想的一頓美餐。我來一個漢堡包。我最喜歡吃漢堡包,每天都吃。
dessert網(wǎng)絡解釋
1.
1. 甜點:參賽的團隊都是各州烹飪大學的學生,在美國的烹飪比賽大都是團隊比賽,他們j講究的是團隊合作( team work ) 精神. 比賽時間是一個半鐘,要求作品是一組套餐. 每組套餐四人份,其中包括湯,頭臺( Appetizer), 正餐,甜點(dessert) 等.
1. (飯后)甜點 Dessert is something sweet, such as fruit or a pudding, that you eat at the end of a meal.
e.g. She had homemade ice cream for dessert... 她用自制的冰激凌作飯后甜點。 e.g. I am partial to desserts that combine fresh fruit with fine pastry. 我偏愛加有新鮮水果的精致油酥甜點。